- Please have the following information available
- Contact information
- Date and time to pick up car
- Location to pick up car
- Date and time to drop off car
- Location to drop off car
- Car type (class)
- Number of passengers
- Number of children under six years of age
- Request of a non-smoking car or a smoking car
2The following items are needed
- Driver’s licenses valid in Japan for all people who will drive the car
- ETC cards ※Lending does not conduct
- Payment by credit card (not accepted at all offices), or in cash.
- Payment by credit card
- The following credit cards are accepted:
VISA / JCB / AMERICAN EXPRESS / MasterCard
* Credit cards are not accepted at the following offices: Arita Station, Kirishima-Jingu Station, Saeki Station, Bungo-Taketa Station
- Payment in cash
- Identity verification
From April 1, 2009, JR Rent-a-car has required identity verification for customers paying cash, through the following methods, and may refuse to provide a rental car without identify verification. We will verify your identify through one of the following methods:
(1) Validity date of a credit card (only at offices which accept credit cards)
(2) Passport, residence card, or other official ID that verifies your name or address in addition to your driver’s license
- Child seats
- Children under six must be seated in child seats when the vehicle is in motion. Please reserve a child seat when making your car reservation. It may not be possible to provide a child seat unless it is reserved in advance.
|Type||Child’s height||Child’s weight||Child’s age|
|Baby seat||70 cm||Under 10 kg||Up to 12 months|
|Child seat||100 cm||9?18 kg||Approx. 6 months to 4 years|
|Booster seat||135 cm||15?36 kg||Approx. 4 to 10 years|
* A child seat takes up as much seat room as one and a half adults. Be sure to plan accordingly.
Rental charges (apply to all child seat types; tax included)
|for one day||540 yen|
|for two days||1,080 yen|
|three or more days||1,620 yen|
- The following options are also available. Please request them when making your car reservation.
|Tire chains||1,620 yen per set|
|Studless tires||Varies with pick-up location|
Insurance and coverage system
Insurance and other coverage is provided on the rental car to the following limits. However, you will be liable for the entire amount in the event a disclaimer applies.
|Insurance name||Coverage||Deductibles (payable by the party renting the car)||Disclaimers (payable by the party renting the car)|
* No notification to police or office (including unauthorized private settlements)
|Property damage||20 million yen per incident||50,000 yen|
|Personal injury||30 million yen per person. Injury to a passenger due to an automobile accident (including death and sequela) is covered regardless of driver fault. (Max. 30 million yen. Compensation including medical expenses is calculated as per insurance contract)|
|Collision||Vehicle market value||50,000 yen|
- Deductible waiver (option)
- By adding the optional deductible waiver you can reduce the amount of deductible you are liable for in the event of an accident (50,000 yen, see ※1 above) to zero. If you wish to add this option, request it before signing the rental agreement and leaving with the car.
* Some rental plans automatically come with the deductible waiver. Please check with office staff for more information.
* Insurance coverage does not apply to the disclaimers shown above.
Deductible waiver: 1,080 yen per day (24 hours)
- Non Operation Charge (NOC)
- If an accident occurs while you are renting the car and it must be repaired, you may be required to pay a Non Operation Charge (NOC), regardless of the extent of damage or time required for repair, as compensation for business interruption.
|Non Operation Charge (NOC)||Charge|
|If the car is driven to the designated office||20,000 yen|
|If the car is not returned to the designated office||50,000 yen|
*You are liable for this charge even if you have the deductible wainer.(Non-Taxable)
- When returning the car
- You are responsible for fuel cost, and as the car is rented to you with a full tank, it must also be dropped off with a full tank. If you are unable to return it with a full tank for some reason, the office will calculate the approximate cost and charge you accordingly. However, the liter price will be higher than usual because staff will have to fill your tank for you.
- Parking violations
- The police are ticketing parking violations more severely than in the past!
If your rental car is ticketed, please follow these instructions:
・ Go to the specified police station, and complete the paperwork as required promptly.
・ Pay the fine (usually between 15,000 and 18,000 yen) at one of the designated financial institutions, and drop off the car normally. When you drop off the car, please show the staff the ticket and proof of payment for the fine.
* If payment of the fine cannot be verified by the time the car is dropped off, you will be charged 25,000 yen for standard class cars, or 30,000 yen for medium class cars.
- Changing your reservation
- Up until three days prior to the first day of the reservation, dial 092-687-4667. Within three days of the first day of the reservation, contact the office , dial 092-286-2116.
List of rental locations
- Cancelling your reservation
- The following cancellation charges will apply in the event of a cancellation.
You can cancel a reservation up until the day prior to the pick-up day at the Reservations Center（092-687-4667）. Contact the rental office （092-286-2116）if the Reservations Center is closed.
|Date of cancellation||Cancellation charge|
|Until seven days before pick-up day||No charge|
|Until three days before pick-up day||20% of total rental charge|
|Until one day before pick-up day||30% of total rental charge|
|On or after pick-up day||50% of total rental charge|
|Maximum reservation handling fee||6,480 yen (tax included)|
* In the event you do not notify us of cancellation, we will charge the specified cancellation fee, which has a maximum of 6,480 yen.
- Changing rental duration after pick-up
- Notify the drop-off location if you intend to extend the rental period. If you do not drop off the car by the scheduled time and do not notify us in advance, and are in an accident during that time, you are NOT covered by insurance.
If you drop off the car before the scheduled time we will refund a portion of your total payment as calculated below:
One-half of (total rental fee for contracted rental period minus initial pick-up charge) minus (rental fee for actual period used minus drop-off charge at agreement termination)
* The drop-off fee cannot be refunded.